Saturday, June 7, 2008

Welcome to Edinburgh, Scotland! It is AMAZING here! Last night, Anja and I had a chance to walk around the town (although we both were a little sleepy from our full days of plane travel). Our hostel is next to a castle, the town is full of beautiful stone buildings, and everyone has accents! I love it! Today, Anja and I went to the Frenzy fesitival at the Royal Highland Hall (this is where they have their county fairs so imagine a typical fairgrounds in the United States). In the main pavillion were the major bands. We kicked off the day with YFriday (an amazing band from the UK). The show stealers though were Phil Wickham and Chris Tomlin. Anja and I had a chance to meet and talk with Phil. As soon as I started to speak he interrupted me and said, "You aren't from here...you sound like you are from home!" Phil is from San Diego, California so we had a nice talk about the west coast. He also gave us his autograph...such a nice guy! Chris Tomlin's performance beat everything though. He packed the hall with hundreds, maybe even a thousand, people. What an incredible performer. He completely outdid my expectations which were high to begin with! Well, I have to sign out now. Anja and I have to get up tomorrow morning so we can take our free tour which comes with the hostel! Love that! Talk to you all later...oh and yes Shauna, Anja and I will get you a present! =P We promise. Oh and by the way, hello to all my friends and family from Anja. It is only day two but we are already having a WONDERFUL time! Until next time, T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home