
Glasgow was not exactly what Anja and I had expected. After coming from beautiful Edinburgh, we had hoped for more of the same. Glasgow, though, is an industrial city and is very dirty. Anja and I did enjoy taking a bus tour of the city as there are some pretty sites: Glasgow Cathedral for instance. However, we found after a few hours of sightseeing that we still had most of the afternoon and evening ahead of us and nothing to do. We decided to go back to our rooms to catch up on journaling (we did not have time in Edinburgh because there was so much to do) and go to bed early. We got on a bus to go back to our hostel and asked the driver what stop we needed. He told us he would call us when we got there. Unfortunately, he forgot. And then a new bus driver got on. I thought I knew what stop we needed (we had actually already passed it 10 minutes ago) so we thought we would just stay on the bus and go round the city until we came back. We kept driving and driving and driving and I thought, "we must be nearing the stop soon"....until I noticed a sign that said "leaving Glasgow!" Whooops! We ran up to the front of the bus to talk to the driver who was very helpful. He said we were actually in another city - Drumchapel - but he would let us off at the next stop so we could catch a bus back to Glasgow. In the meantime, Anja and I decided to take lost pictures - notice the sad faces above. Our bus actually never came, so on the bus driver's way back, he stopped for us again and finally took us to the street we needed to go to. So Glasgow: not so much.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home