Thursday, July 10, 2008

Daytrip to Jost

Today Shauna and Kathy and I got to see our good friend Spela! I met her two summers ago when she was in my English class at camp. She is such a sweet wonderful girl and it was great to get a chance to hang out with her this afternoon. The four of us girls drove up to Jost (pronounced Yohsht) which is the top of a nearby hill/mountain. The views from the top were breathtaking. The mountains go on for miles and we could see the whole city of Kranj. It was such a great time. Shauna and I also got a chance to spend some girl time shopping at Qlandia which is a nearby mall 5 minutes walk away. Shopping here is so much fun and it gave me a chance to practice my limited Slovene...thank goodness the shopkeepers speak English :). Tonight, I will be meeting some other friends in Kranj for sladoled (ice cream). As if I haven't been eating enough these last few weeks haha. Please be praying for Kathy (she is the intern with whom we are staying) - her dad is very very sick and she doesn't know whether or not she should go home to be with him. She has been so positive and hospitable to Shauna and me but I can tell that she is very stressed out and anxious about her situation. Gotta go, T

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bug,

Looks like you're having a great time with all your Slovene friends. It's wonderful to see how well you and the message are being received. Keep up the good work. Mom and I went for a bike ride last night. We rode out past Piasano Park. The air was cool and nice down by Johnson creek on the Springwater Trail. See ya soon. Love, Dad.

July 11, 2008 at 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home