Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rain rain go away

Junior high camp is over and Shauna and Chris and I have a short breather before we head off for Vienna. Shauna and I are staying at Kathy Codanti's apartment which is only a ten minute walk from downtown Kranj....very nice. The last couple days have been spent reuniting with students. Saturday was the junior high camp reunion and it was great to see almost all of the students show up for a bbq at Joel and Amy's house. Sunday was church at TRDNA SKALA (the youth center) and then another bbq - only this time with the high school students from past camps - some of whom will be going with us to Vienna in a few days. I got to see Urban, Aljaz, Jernej, Anja, and many others. It was so fun to see them after so much time apart. As for today, Kathy, Shauna, Chris, and I traveled back to Lake Bled in hopes of helping the Jackson family with their camp's Amazing Race. Unfortunately, massive thunderstorms made us have to cancel. It did make Shauna and I extremely thankful for the great sunny weather we were blessed with at our camp. The last few day's thunderstorms have definitely been awesome to watch, but are not great for trying to hold a summer camp. I have many awesome stories to tell about junior high camp, and will either try to post them to my blog or email them to you all in the next couple of days. In the meantime, please be praying for all of the camps that are taking place in Slovenia. Many young people are having to step up into leadership positions this year, many of them are Slovenes. Two young Slovenes, Gasper and Miso are getting a taste of what leading a camp is like. They are doing awesome. I can't wait to see what will happen for the future of Slovenia. Shauna and I also feel blessed with more responsibility this year - something that is both awesome and scary. Also, many of you know Ty Cook: he is speaking all week at a camp in Idrija. All of us could use lots of prayer as we watch God help us step up in amazing ways. Thanks for all the support, T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home