Monday, November 10, 2008

Day of Prayer

I have not had time to blog about the day of prayer that we had right before we left for travel weekend. (My Florence post is out of order with this one.) On Wednesday, everyone took a vow of silence for the afternoon and was asked to spend quiet time with the Lord. It was an amazing day. Part of the afternoon, I spend taking a walk out into the German countryside. The weather was beautiful.
Fields of flowers
Halfway into my walk, a little dog appeared out of nowhere and started to follow at my heels. He walked directly behind me for a mile and a half, stopping when I would stop and cocking his head to look up at me. He made a hilarious little co-pilot. I tried to figure out where he came from but there was no identification and it is pretty common for dogs to wander around here in Germany.
My little buddy

As I got to a good turn around point, I looked down at my new little friend, broke my vow of silence, and said "Ok kid. This is the end of the road. It's been good." Believe it or not, he took one last look at me and then trotted off into a corn field. Now that is one crazy smart pup.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taylor,
I just hope Molly did not see the picture of that little dog! Are you sure it was not a little fox? Ha! Praying and walking is a wonderful way to talk to God!
Love ya, Dianne

November 10, 2008 at 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Taylor,
I miss you so much and so does my mom Tracy and my dad Steve and Tyler I think. Your mom has come over and gave me lots of hugs and kisses because she miss you so much. That picture is very cute that you put up of the dog/or is that a fox? Right now i'm at grandma Maxine's and grandpa al's house.Tyler knows how to say banana and bye bye and hideing and lots of other things. I miss you so so so so so so much Taylor and so does the family inclouding your mom.



love ya much, Your cousin Madison

November 13, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home