Sunday, October 19, 2008

Neuschwanstein Castle and Sumer Rodel Bahn

Neuschwanstein Castle

View from suspension bridge above Castle

Me, Jason, Erika, Simon, David, and Malachi

Yesterday, the Bodenseehof students loaded up on a bus and headed out from our region of Baden Wurttemberg to the region of Bavaria. Our first stop was the Neuschwanstein Castle (it means New Swan Stone Castle in German) which Walt Disney used as the inspiration for the Cinderella Castle at Disney Land. After exploring the castle, we broke up into groups and explored the countryside...there is a suspension bridge above the castle which gives amazing views of Bavaria. We were extremely lucky in the fact that it was a clear day and we could see for miles. Then we got sausage, goulash, and strudel at a restaurant in the small town nearby. Next stop was the sumer rodel bahn, which us Oregonians call the Alpine slide. Even though I have done this many times before (most of the students had never heard of such a thing) it was awesome! My friend Mandee and I doubled up for super speed down the mountain while chanting the theme from Cool Runnings haha. "Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, come on guys it's bobsled time...COOL RUNNINGS!!!!" Unfortunately two girls sprained their ankles at the rodel bahn, but they are doing much better now. Now that I have my camera cord, I have added some additional pictures to the posts below. Check them out and enjoy, T

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Taylor it's me Madison. How are you doing?I read all your storys and I love your pics and I think they are very very good. Molly is loving it hear at Maxine's house.Right now Molly is barking at some thing.

October 19, 2008 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger TC said...

Hey Maddie! Thanks for the comment! It is good to hear from you! I miss my dog a lot. I hope school is going well for you! Have a good day!

October 20, 2008 at 5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taylor, Love your pictures and hearing about all you are doing! The picture on the balcony was classic!! Reminded me of my roommates and I throwing pitchers of water on the guys as they walked under the arch at Capernwray Hall. Of course it was much warmer in the spring! Anyway, serenading and candy sounds much better! Your Dad called from Sedona, asking for our credit card no. to get a good meal!!!! Glad you enjoyed Colossians-one of my favorites! We went razor clam digging over the wkend. The low tides were at night, so had to dig in the dark with flashlights!! It was amazing to see how many people and families were doing this! We went up to Ocean Shores. Love ya, Dianne

October 20, 2008 at 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Taylor, Loved your pics. Looks like beautiful country. Dad and I went to the Grand Canyon yesterday. We took a beautiful walk along the rim - about 3 miles. We took ooooodles of pics. We were able to climb out on the cliffs several times. Just one false move and it would have been curtains. Just like Bud Light Years - To infinite and beyond!!! (or the bottom in this case). We stayed there until dark. The sun setting on the canyon was spectacular. We will send you some pics. We are going to Flagstaff today and look for Indian cliff dwellings. You would have loved Arizona when you were little. Indian stuff everywhere. Loving you lots and lots. Mom and Dad

October 20, 2008 at 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Sweetie, The house is emptying...Quintin went home, Tyler went home then Madison went home and now Molly "went" home. Gee whiz....Love your journaling and photos...Keep learning (and sharing as you have time). I noticed some of your entries are in the wee hours of the a.m. Hmmm.
Love you lots. Grandma

October 22, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home