Friday, December 19, 2008
Hello everyone!
Once again, sorry for the lack of communication, but it has been utter chaos here these last few weeks. Here's what has been going on:
1. Christmas carolling...last week the Bodenseehof students spread out to cover the community of Fishbach. We went door to door singing Christmas songs, passing out cookies, and handing out invitations to Bodenseehof's annual Christmas concert. The Germans do not traditionally go carolling so many times the door was slammed in our face...literally. But many people were excited to hear us sing...off-key as it was haha.
2. Advent International: Bodenseehof's annual Christmas concert. Students performed Christmas songs such as Mary Did You Know and Silent Night. We packed the house with about 150 people not including students and staff.
3. Viola: I am now tutoring a neighbor girl. She is about 12 years old and actually speaks very good English. I am having so much fun getting to know her. We have tutored three times together already, and I will continue to help her with her homework until the end of the year.
4. Tutoring in Fishbach: I was also asked by the school to head up a tutoring program with a 9th grade class in a school in our community of Fishbach. I have a team of about 15 Bode students assisting me. I met this last Thursday with the class and they are great! We will continue to meet on Thursdays once I return from break.
5. Christmas Market in Stuttgart: We had the chance on Wednesday to take a day trip to Stuttgart and wander the city and the massive Christmas market. Such a great time.
And now I am one night's sleep away from seeing my parents in Paris. I board the train tomorrow at 10am and will arrive in Paris at 4pm. I am so excited...although I will admit taht I am starting to miss my Portland a little bit. Lots of love to all of you! Have a very Merry Christmas, T


3 Comments:
Merry Christmas Taylor!!!
We took your parents to the airport and they are so excited!!!!! Have lots of fun and show them the sights! Your tutoring sounds great--how amazing to get to be used in these ways of outreach--who would have guessed!!! Christmas Blessing!!! Love ya, Dianne
Forgot to say our house is full with a nephew-Tim and Susanna and their 2 little boys. My brother Craig and Mora are staying with Mother and their daughter Sara and Matt just drove in today from Vernon, BC!!! This is a great Christmas--20+years since Christmas with my brother!
Merry Christmas to Taylor and her parents! You would be glad you were not here this week. We have had almost 2 feet of snow, freezing rain, ice and very cold weather...blizzard like. Well, we always said it would be nice to have snow for Christmas, but really, so much?? We are blessed by God at this beauty and the provisions for so many, the thoughtfulness, the kindnesses, and most of all prayers for everyone. May God richly bless you, your Mom and Dad and the time you have together. Love you. Take care and Merry CHRISTmas.
Dear TC,
Guess what! The snow and weather is the worst since about 69 and in Gresham they actually called in the National Guard with their humvees to use for emergency so they can get through the streets! We are having a great time and enjoying all the company and playing in the snow!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Love ya, Dianne
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home