Friday, December 5, 2008

Long overdue update

Hey everyone. Once again, another apology that it has been a long time. Thankfully our internet is getting back to normal around here. So what's new at Bodenseehof?
1. I have decided to switch my spring school location to Capernwray Hall England. After some talk with a few of the guest lecturers here, I just feel like the school in England is a better fit for me than the one in Austria. And I openly admit that I am more than just a little bit excited to be returning to the UK.
2. The last two weeks we have hosted some great speakers. Ray Andrews is an Irish psychologist who currently runs the Torchbearer's Bible school in Australia. He was a fascinating speaker and gave a lot of insight into our identity as people, and understanding and building relationships with others. Also, Richard Dahlstrom is a pastor from Seattle, WA. He spoke on the book of Genesis. It was a little bit of a repeat for me after PC but I still learned some good stuff. And he had some good stories about Portland which made me happy.
3. Our next speaker will be Arden Autrey. He is orginally from Oklahoma; however, he and his wife now work with Foundation in Christ ministries which ministers to Irish students in Galway, Republic of Ireland.
4. For those of you who don't know, I will be spending Christmas with my parents in Paris and New Year's in Slovenia. I am very excited for both!
5. Also, two boys from school approached me yesterday to ask if I would be willing to head up English tutoring sessions a few times a week for students from local Friedrichshafen. I am in the process of getting a team of students together and I am really excited about the idea. More details to come...
6. Finally, not much else new here at Bodenseehof. We have had quite a bit of snow (although it is melted now) and a fun Christmas party. The school is all decorated which is great. We are preparing for an outreach event called Advent International. This is a night of Christmas music and a message given at Bodenseehof. Most of the attendees will be neighbors...and we expect over 100 guests. Monday night we will break up into groups and go caroling to all the nearby homes and pass out Christmas cookies and invitations. I am really excited for this.
I hope everyone is doing well and once again I am sorry about the lack of updates. Love to you all, T
Playing in the snow!!!

Room 124 all decorated for Christmas

My roomie/good friend Jessica and me at the Bode Christmas party

Making Christmas ornaments for the Bode Christmas tree PS Check the post below for some more pics of Florence that I meant to put up a while ago.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Taylor---I'm so excited that you will be going to Capernwray Hall, near Carnforth! It will be a change and you may as well get as many experiences as possible. I know Bodenseehof is great too and the food there may be a little better! Ha! Tutoring in English to some kids around the area is a wonderful opportunity! Had fun visiting, dinner and shopping with your Mom last night. Wow it was cold and WIND!!! Winter is coming. So glad to hear from you again and love your blog. Pictures are great! Love ya, Dianne

December 5, 2008 at 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi bug, How does Dianne beat me to the blog every time! Great pictures. I love your postings and with the pictures it is like reaching out and hugging you. I am so thrilled with the quality of lecturers that you have been priviledged to listen to. Hey, great news about the English tutoring opportunity. That sounds like a great outreach as well as great fun working with the local kids. Too cool......Tell your friends that I can hardly wait to meet them when they come to visit us. That means they HAVE to come visit us!!!!!!! Wouldn't we have a blast showing them around Portland and all of great places around Oregon. They are all invited. Hopefully not at the same time however! Only 14 days till Paris. Be prepared for lots of FUN as well as lots of HUGS. Mom

December 6, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha! How great for your Mom to already be thinking of those who will be coming to visit and they will! One of my friends, Margaret from Scotland, we still communicate came and stayed a month! We camped at Mt. Rainier every weekend! She loved it so much with all of the hiking, etc. Another friend came and of course everyone wanted to see the Pacific Ocean--but I actually drove to San Francisco with one friend. You are going to have such a good time for Christmas in Paris! Love ya, Dianne

December 7, 2008 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger TC said...

yeah I'm excited to see who will come and visit. It should be good. =D

December 7, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home