Monday, December 29, 2008
It has been a whirlwind these last few weeks: first as I left school in Germany, and then as I have been travelling around over the holidays. I made my initial connection with my parents from Friedrichshafen to Paris alright. Paris was amazing, I also took my parents to London for the day (Eurostar train right under the English channel)...I will blog more about that as soon as I get my pics uploaded. For now, I will update you about my current location: Slovenia. I arrived here yesterday (Sunday) morning...which was rather difficult. I was actually supposed to leave Paris on Saturday night, however when I got to the airport that evening, I was told by Luftansa (who was representing my smaller airline Adria which does not have a representitive at the airport) that my flight had been cancelled, I was not scheduled to be rerouted anywhere, the next flight out was at 9:55am, but that the Adria office in Paris had closed at 6pm and it was now 7pm so I must wait until the next morning....Luckily, my parents were still in Paris for one more night, so it was back to the hotel to wait for the next morning...which came pretty quickly because my parents had to leave the hotel at 4:30am in order to make it to the airport in time for their flight out. After saying goodbye to them, I camped out in front of the Luftansa desk and nabbed the first agent who arrived at 6am. Thankfully, I was able to get on the 9:55am to Ljubljana. I was also able to find a pay phone and let Kathy Codanti (whose home I am staying in) know when I was coming so she could pick me up. Apparently if I had arrived the night before as scheduled, I would have found a huge suprise welcoming party waiting for me in her apartment, so I am a little bummed I missed out on that. However a lot of the students have been dropping by and it is so great to see them. Last night, two of the boys Zan and Urban took me out for coffee...and paid for it. I thought that was so sweet. Then Ness dropped by and we headed back to Kathy's to see my other friends Nastaja and Tilen who were there waiting to say hi. It was a great time. I am so happy to be back here and so excited to keep seeing people. Love to all of you at home, T


1 Comments:
TC,
It looks like a wonderful trip with your parents. I can almost feel the european atmosphere and real french cooking lessons...to die for(sorta). I am thankful you had time with your Mom and Dad and that they were able to see you in your element. I pray for God's hand upon all you do and say and His words to touch many everywhere you are. Have a special 2009!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home