On Monday night, I met with my friend Anja Vidmar (a different Anja than I traveled to the UK with this summer). She took me ice skating for the very first time...I am proud to say that I did not fall down once, although Anja told me that I looked rather rediculous on skates haha. In contrast, I went snowskiing Tuesday afternoon for the third time in my life, and fell countless times in front of hundreds of people. I still had a really great time though, and at least I can say I was major entertainment for the Slovenes (they are all expert skiers), who pointed and laughed. I did have some pretty fantastic crash and burns. At least I'm good at something ;).
Ness, me, and Zan getting ready to hit the slopes
After my show stopping performance on the slopes, my Slovene friends Zan and Ness, and American intern Kathy Codanti took me out for some celebration pizza. I definitely earned my lunch. They put awesome things on pizza here like sweet corn to go with your ham and cheese. DELICIOUS! Who would have thought that a veggie like corn would taste good on pizza? Then later that evening I met for hot chocolate with my Slovene friend Tilen and his girlfriend Sara who are also super nice people. It has been one big social party over here, which is great but can get a little tiring. Still, I can't complain and I am loving hanging out with everyone. Tonight there will be a big New Year's celebration at Trdna Skala, the youth center here in Kranj. We will have all kinds of food, games, movies, and then we will probably walk to the city center and view the fireworks at midnight....once again, Paris and London pics and stories are soon to come. Happy New Year everyone, T
Skiing in Slovenia....isn't it beautiful all covered in white?
3 Comments:
Happy New Year sweetie. I am glad that you are having a great time. You deserve a nice break from school and this sounds like it is perfect. You are already in 2009. I, however, still have a little over 7 hours left of 2008. We will spend the eve with the Zollo's.
I am so excited to see what God has in store for you in 2009. So many great things to look forward to. Post some pics soon. Remember how much you are loved. Ooodles and Ooodles. Mom
Happy New Year Taylor!!!!
How did your Mom beat me to the blog?!!:)
Looking forward to hearing all about your time in Paris from your parents and seeing your pictures! I am baking some biscotti to take over to them. New Year in a few hours!
Love ya, Dianne
mmm Dianne, I miss your biscottis...and those great cookies that you make too. Have a great New Year! I tried to call you guys on mom's cell but you didn't answer. I will try again later.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home