Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Sorry about the lack of blog entries (for those of you who are even still reading my blog, since I'm sure some of you have given up in utter frustration). The internet is incredibly slow at Capernwray, and Google Blogger takes longer than any of the other communication websites like Facebook or email. I just haven't been able to justify the hours spent on Blogger when I only have 2 months to meet new friends and explore the English countryside. But I have been calling home regularly so if you see my mom she will have updates for all of you. Life has been pretty full and busy lately. On Friday, I leave for outreach in Crieff, Scotland. I will be working with junior high and high school students for the weekend at a church retreat. Which reminds me: for travel weekend (May 16-20) I had the chance to return to Slovenia. I spent 4 days with Joel and Amy Woodard (American missionaries) and their two children Abigail and Elijah. Joel was out of town during the four days I was there, and I arrived to find Amy stuck with two very sick children. I was able to help her take Abby and Eli to the Slovene doctor's office and then to the hospital. And of course, I also found time to meet up with students. Overall it was a great time and I was happy that I got a chance to help out Amy. Finally, my birthday was Monday. I am now 19 years old. Mom sent me a birthday package complete with bubbles, brownies, birthday candles, some party favors, and pin the tail on the donkey haha. So 12 of us mature college students met on the ornamental lawn, stuck the donkey to the side of the castle and had an awesome time...we soon got bored with a paper donkey though, so we decided to pin the tail on real people...like my friend Johann from the Netherlands who wasn't sure he appreciated our "strange American customs." Poor Johann haha. I plan on writing one more blog entry at the end of my travels...I get home in two and a half weeks. See you all soon, T


2 Comments:
Hi Taylor,
First off happy birthday,Johanna and I have been taking care of a little bit of your parent's social life and telling them of places to go see on a weekend drives.We also had a chance to see what a great cook your mom is.It seems like you were just here and now it's almost time for your return,enjoy what time you have left.Well it time to go out and dance again
CU Ken
Taylor!!!!!! It is always a delight to hear from you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Yes, make the most of every minute you are there and do take pictures to show us when you get home. I for one, want to hear all about your time. Spent part of Sat. and Sun. with your parents--lots of fun up the gorge to Trout Lake. Ate at the Wind Mountain Cafe and there were your parents! We expected to see Crystal, and delighted to see Audrey too. Sean has really gone to work on that house! Study hard enjoy your new friendships and continue to learn. How wonderful you got to go back to Slovenia! I am sure you were in the right place at the right time to help with the children. Being available to God has so many possibilities. Pin the tail on the donkey sounds like a riot at the castle! Pictures and more pictures!!! Love ya, Dianne
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home