Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Eis Van Dijk is our speaker this week. He is 52 years old, born and raised in Holland; now working with his wife at Tauernhof in Austria. He is speaking on 1 Peter. I like him a lot! At Sunday lunch, he approached my table and pointing a finger at me said, "Are you a happy person?" I replied, "Sure, I guess so." "Well," he said, "I was watching you all through my sermon this morning and you looked happy so I decided to come eat lunch with you." That is Eis...crazy but fun. He entertained our table all through lunch with similar funny little comments. Although I think I'll feel a little more self-concious about sitting in sermons from now on haha. I tutored Frau Drüger's 10th grade English class for the last time this morning. I was a little sad to leave. The students are so great...they even gave me a going away present. So sweet. On Friday I will say goodbye to Herr Burget's 9th grade English class (I have been tutoring both the 9th grade and 10th grade classes for several months now). The local newspaper will be coming in to do an interview with me about Bodenseehof's involvement with the school. I am really excited...I get to be in a German newspaper! I just hope I don't get lost in translation! 2 1/2 weeks till I come home. That is so hard to believe. Dianne, I am counting on those biscottis :). See you all soon, T


3 Comments:
Hi Bug,
Make sure you bring home a copy of the paper.
Now my advice for you when you are being interviewed is simple. Just remember how you father is able to converse in all sorts of languages: speak loudly, with a foreign accent and leave out most of the little words. As he always tells us it works for him everytime. You should have no trouble being understood. Maybe misquoted but not misunderstood
I cannot believe it is coming to the time to say goodbye. Wow! God has blessed you with such a wonderful opportunity to be in Germany for these past months and you have really used the gifts He has given you to reach out for Him. Such a blessing. I pray many have been impacted by the message that you and the students have shared and that they will be forever changed as a result of the outreach.
I will be so happy to see you and be able to hug and love on my girl. See you very soon! Love MOM
PS: Hey Ken and Dianne - you have to get up pretty early to beat me to the blog. Tootaloo dear friends.
Dear Taylor, I had NO idea your Dad was SO talented!!!
I am sure your Mom's advice will work perfectly!
The biscotti recipe is out and I now have my new mixer so--Taught Kindergarten this PM and had a taste of how fun it is to be back in the classroom! (Half a day is good:)
Enjoy your last couple of weeks, listening still to God's messages. You will remember these times for a lifetime. You are being shaped continually into God's messenger as are all of us as life goes on. Can hardly wait to meet your friends as they make their way to the Luby house. Love ya, Dianne
TC,
This is your happy Dad. I'm happy because I know Jesus and he is my advocate forever and so I am a child of the king with an incomprehensible inhetitance. I am happy because I have your mom and you to love and Molly too. I'm happy you are doing so well. I am happy in my new job. What a great life! Can't wait to see you.
Love Dad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home