Saturday, June 21, 2008
Well, today I spent the morning/afternoon with the other Josiah Venture workers at Joel and Amy's house. It was really fun to get a chance to meet with everyone - many of the long-term missionaries like the Jacksons and Woodards, and the short term interns like Kathy Codanti and Ty Cook, I already knew from either Good Shepherd or past years. However, I also had a chance to meet some of the new missionaires and interns. We met for a BBQ and spent the afternoon getting to know one another. There are a lot of great people over here and I can tell that between the missionaries, interns, Slovene helpers, and short-term teams, camps are going to be awesome this year. We have top people working this summer and it will be so cool to see what happens. Thanks for all the prayer at home! Please also be praying for all the mission staff as several are going through family struggles, which is far more difficult when you are in one country and your family is in another. Thanks, T


3 Comments:
Hi bug, Sounds the like the get-together was really great. How fantastic that you have been over there early to get an inside view of everything. Glad to hear the cake was good. Dad and I are just leaving for our Saturday walk to the Saturday market. Molly is raring to go. We have creative dinner tonite. My theme is the Fourth of July and I got the cutest flag salad plates. Dad hasn't seen them yet so I will be on guard for the fall out. But they were very cheap so I shouldn't be in too much trouble. Darcy and I had a fantastic meal at Habibi's last night. She loved it. The main waiter that always talks with us was great as usual. Well we are off for our Walkies. Tootaloo and xoxoxoxoxoxoxo, Mom
Taylor,
Will you make cake and cookies for me when you get home?
Dad
Are you just trying to sucker me into housekeeping? haha. But yes dad I will make them for you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home