Sunday, June 15, 2008

Excuse me, which way to London Bridge?

Anja and I had a good rest last night and woke up refreshed and ready to tackle London. We started our day with church at Hillsong London. Anja absolutely loved it but the massive size of it made me wish I was back at Cornerstone. I'm missing my church family! Thanks to all of you Cstone members who are reading my blog. After church, Anja and I got some Indian food (she has never had it before). It was so good!!! Anja especially loved the Naan (bread). Then we went to 221b Baker Street. Yes, friends, it's true. As if I'm not a big enough dork already, I couldn't leave London without paying a visit to the home (they have a replica) of Sherlock Holmes. Pretty awesome. Grandpa Stanley, you are to blame for this because you gave me The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes when I was a kid. And, the guy dressed up like Dr. Watson could tell from my accent that I was from Portland! And they say that Sherlock is the smart one.....Next was a visit to Big Ben, the houses of Parliament (which incidentally are under construction so there is some nice scaffolding in my pictures haha), Westminster Abbey, London Bridge, the Tower of London, Trafalger Square, Covent Garden, and a lot of other walking around. Pretty awesome. Incidentally, I was stopped 5 times today and asked for directions. Ironically, I was always asked about some place I had just been so I was able to answer every time. Anja just laughs because people have been asking me for directions ever since Edinburgh. I told her it must be my kind face haha. Tomorrow Anja and I must leave the UK. She is sad, but I am so excited to be going to Slovenia! I can't wait to see all my friends! So to wrap this up, I would like to say "hi" to Ken and Johanna! Thanks for the comment. Sha-na-na, Tom, Kitty, Chris, Mark, Amy, Sara, David, Andrew, Micah, Shelley: I miss you all lots and I can't wait for you to come over here. Ten days guys! Alright friends, next time I will be saying hello from Slo. Have an awesome day! Happy Father's Day to my dad and Grandpa Al and Grandpa Joe. Love you lots! Off to make a cup of tea, T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home