Friday, July 11, 2008

Schauma Knows...Exactly!

Today Shauna and I met with two students from junior high camp - Nejc (in the picture) and Nastaja. They are sooooooo great! Shauna and I really had it on our hearts to meet with them one last time and give them some encouragement. They are both natural leaders and we wanted them to know how much we had appreciated their service at camp. Both of them had been involved with planning a special thank you for the Americans on the last day of camp. It really touched us how much they seemed to care about us. Plus they are amazing to hang out with. It was great to see them one last time and spend the day with them over ledeni kava (iced coffee). One funny story: Nastaja thought that Shauna's name was Schauma which is a shampoo in Slovenia. We finally corrected her, however now it is a big joke and Nastaja and Shauna have a saying: "Schauma knows...exactly" which makes everyone crack up laughing for no logical reason. After our awesome time with Nejc and Nastaja, Shauna and I had also stopped by a cafe in Kranj in the afternoon to wish happy birthday to a waiter with whom we had made friends. We bought him a candle and made him blow it out. I think it pretty much made his day haha. Then we met with Aleks - a girl who had come to camp the last two years. We went and grabbed some Fantas and caught up. Tonight, Shauna and I hope to reunite with another friend, Barbara, who has just recently returned to Slovenia after spending a year in the United Kingdom. It is so great having this week to hang out with whoever happens to email or call us! I actually can't wait to leave so that I can return to school in Europe this fall so that I can take the train to see all of my old and new friends. Hopefully train tickets won't be too expensive so that I can visit Slo a few times during the school year or on breaks. Please continue to pray for Kathy Codanti. Also, we meet with some students tomorrow (Saturday) to spend some last time before we leave for Vienna. Pray that it will go well. Thanks so much, T

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love coming home each afternoon to find a new blog. Good going on meeting up with as many of the Slovene friends, new and old, that you can. It will really cement your relationships. It is all about relationship! I will be praying for a really fruitful high school camp with some very good discussions and hunger for the Lord. Live the life and let them see Jesus in you. Make a difference bug. Mucho hugs, Mom

July 11, 2008 at 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow it's great to be young and never need any sleep.I bet you will when you get home haha!!!!!!!!!!!

July 12, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home