
Mandee and Me in front of the Bodensee in Friedrichshafen

Boats at the Bodensee next to the school

Sunset at the Bodensee
Meersburg on the Bodensee
Part of the fun of my first days at Bodenseehof...or the Bode as we call it...is just wandering and exploring. Yesterday, some of us girls took the bus into Friedrichshafen, a fairly good sized European town (think greater downtown Gresham, including GI Joes, Gresham Station.) We spent time wandering up streets and down. We also took a spin through my favorite stores H&M and Orsay before grabbing a cup of coffee at a nearby cafe...good times. I have also been playing a lot of beach volleyball. There is a very nice sand court in the backyard of the school, and there is always a crazy game going on. I'm beginning to remember how much I love the game. I have also explored the surrounding area of the school, there are some bakeries and shops, and of course the lake which is HUGE and beautiful. There are boats here at the school for student use so I am hoping to take a canoe or kayak out before the weather turns. As for the school, for now we are just doing orientation - discussing German culture, how the post office works, how cell phones work, how the bus system works, what will be expected of us during the school year etc. We have also found out that there are lots of free days and weekend trips included in the school year and I cannot wait. One last exciting announcement: a German teacher will be coming in and giving lessons in addition to our Bible courses for anyone who is interested. You can bet that I will be signing up. Loving it here. Finally a cure for my wanderlust haha. Love you all, T
5 Comments:
I am thrilled for you. It makes my heart so very happy to read your post. God has blessed and provided you with such an incredible opportunity. Remember, to whom much is given, much is expected. But you already know that. I pray this makes a wonderful difference in your life and your walk with God and that you too will be able to make a difference for the kingdom in someone elses life. Now if we could just get this phone thing on track. I carry my phone with me every where I go - just on the off chance that you will be able to make it through. But again - it is almost your beddy-bye time..... so not today...... As always I am loving you. With a heart full of joy for you and tons of hugs and kisses - MOM
Taylor,
Just read your newest blog. I am totally jazzed about how cool it all sounds. You stepped-out in faith to do this for next several months and it is working out beautifully. God is so good! It is so incredible that after all he has done for us, he allows us to have so much joy while we are walking in his will.
Love ya,
Dad
Taylor,
What an awesome opportunity. I also loved to travel in my youth and found an adventure at every step. I am grateful God provided it, even when I stepped in "do". I am praying His covering over you and your friends. Also note: Please call your Mom as soon as you can. She is glued to her phone and needs to here your voice. LOL We love you. Take care, Cheryl Jarvis
Taylor,
How exciting for you to be there at the school! I know you are busy and making all kinds of new friends and adjusting to the schedule. I am wondering what your first courses are and who is speaking. Do you have daily chores and a workday and free day? I am sure you will tell this at some time in your blog. We had a great time at Black Butte Ranch with your Mom and Dad and your name did come up once in a while!! I have been getting my kid fix, by subbing 3 times this week. Well, Taylor, you are in a special place of learning and growing. Love ya, Dianne Z.
NEW BLOG NEEDED...........
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home