Saturday, October 25, 2008
Winter is coming to Bodenseehof. The trees are starting to lose their leaves and it has suddenly become very cold. Also, because we are right next to the lake, we get a lot of cold wind. This week has been fairly uneventful although I feel as if I have been extremely busy. Chris Thomas was our speaker - he discussed the Progress of Redemption. At this point in time, I am preparing to go to on outreach. On Monday, all of the students will leave Bodenseehof (we have been split into 5 teams) and will travel to different parts of Germany to work with children, junior high, and high school students. My team will be traveling to a city near Stuttgart where we will work teaching English to junior high and high school students. I am excited.
And now for a funny random story: Two nights ago, just after lights out as my roomies and I were falling asleep, we heard a loud thump on our balcony. We ran to the window to look out and to our suprise found...a mattress. The boys upstairs had decided that it would be hilarious to give us a little present. Even worse was that it was raining so the mattress was soggy. They wouldn't come and get it so I drug it down to the boy's hall and dumped it there for them to deal with. My room has found lots of little "presents" on our balcony from half eaten goldfish crackers to candy to a mattress. Boys are silly...especially college boys. Alright, well I have to go and prep for English camp now, T


5 Comments:
Dear Taylor,
A mattress?! It must have been one uncomfortable mattress!! Stuttgart!!! Valerie was here last week for a night and we laughed so much over Stuttgart, where Valerie had to go get some money exchanged and I got on the train with our bags. I was the only one in the car, but the train was about to leave--I'm yelling out the window "hurry Valerie" and she is running! We sit there wondering when the train is going and after a while a conductor walks through and is shocked to see us! We show him our tickets and he is talking to us, we are not understanding, and finally gets us on another train. They had made an announcement that there was a change and we were sitting in a train car with no engine and our train was leaving as we jumped on- still not knowing what had happened!! Our guardian angels were working overtime!! You will do great teaching--hope you have some help-insist on it!! I love your blogs and the photos are great!
You will treasure them in years to come! Mother said last night when we were eating at Country Kitchen with your parents, celebrating Duane's BD that she still has my letters! Love ya, Dianne
That train story is awesome. I love awesome travel stories like that. Happy birthday to Duane!!!
Mattress thrown out the window from one floor to the floor below -Ummmm-How old are the students (boys) at this "college". Did you mistakenly sign into the jr.high dorm?
Have a wonderful time at English camp. I hope all of your previous work and preparation come in very handy. We know you are up to the challenge. Make a Difference. Love Mom and Dad.
Hi, Sweetie, I've been thinkin'...You've been there long enough...it's time you came home. I've been thinkin'... you better stay out of the kayak. I've been thinkin'... you shouldn't drive in cars with boys. Oh, my gosh, Grandma Dolly is channeling through me. Of course, she would use much more persuasive comments!! I'll quit thinkin'.
If you MUST stay there, keep learning and exploring. The outreach program is so your thing and you will do a wonderful job of it. By the time you finish outreach in your life you will have worldwide friends. How fantastic.
Halloween is fast approaching and Madison can hardly wait. She told me it is soooo (that's how she talks) much fun to go to your house. She told me she got a huge container of candy year before last and last year she got a whole Marie Calender pie just for herself. She said it was good she went to your house last or she would have to carry the pie all evening while she trick or treated. She said "Jeff never knows me and I always have to say, 'Jeff, it's me, Madison' and he is always surprised and he is sooooo (she talks that way)funny.
Love, Grandma
Hey Taylor, Your grandmother is such a crack up.....I will have to let Madison know that we won't be home on Halloween and she will have to come by Grandma's house to trick or treat with her Auntie Vonn and Uncle Jeff. How am I going to top the Marie Calender pie! I will sign off and start thinking about that one. Love Mom
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home