Thursday, January 1, 2009
The family took a day trip from Paris to London. We hopped on a Eurostar train, and crossed through the chunnel. We then spent the day hitting the highlights of London. Since I was there this summer, I was able to help narrow down what sites were worth seeing and what sites were not. We were able to squeeze a lot in just one day.
The Houses of Parliament on the Thames: We took a free three hour tour: check out Sandeman's new europe tours at www.neweuropetours.eu, if you plan to be in a major city in Europe. The tour company hires university students (usually history majors) to give 3-4hr walking tours of the the city, with a mix of history and fun facts. The tours usually hit most of the major sites and are great to help you out with identifying what exactly you are looking at. I had taken a Sandeman's tour in Edinburgh and loved it. So the whole family took them in London and Paris - a great way to see the highlights of the city.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home