Friday, May 1, 2009

Sheep as far as the eye can see....

Week two at Capernwray Hall is coming to a close. So far the transition from Bodenseehof to Capernwray Hall has been filled with many positives and negatives. For instance I have the chance to make a ton of new friends, but on the flip side I only have 8 weeks to meet 160 people and that is extremely overwhelming. Thankfully, my roommates Valerie, Lindsay, Brett, and Jennifer are fantastic and we have been having a ton of fun together. Valerie and Lindsay were Capernwray winter students so they have also been a good means through which to meet the England students. I have found myself connecting much more with the winter students (there are 70 students from Capernwray, 4 from Rio Vida in Spain, and 8 of us from Bodenseehof in Germany that are here for the spring term) rather than with the completely new students. There has been lots going on at Capernwray Hall: Day trips (last Saturday we went to Windemere in the Lake District), Bible studies, outreaches, walks through the countryside....and tonight we are having a ceili which is a Scottish Dance night. I'm excited to see if any of it is like the Irish dance I used to do when I was a little kid. Hope you all are doing well, T

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor,
What did you think of the Lake District? I loved the scenery up there--with all of the sheep sleeping in the middle of the road--at least they did that many years ago. It was fun seeing where all these famous authors hung out. Glad you are getting acquainted with those who have spent some time at Capernwray. I am thinking how much fun it was as a student there to get to meet all the new people in the spring. Anxious to hear how the ceili goes. Do you have several there from Scotland? Don't you just wish I would stop asking all these questions!!! :) Enjoy, enjoy!!! Study hard, you are again in a special place, allowing our Almighty to work through you and teach you. This immersion in the Word will not happen often in your life-treasure it-and I know you do. Love ya, Dianne

May 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Mom said...

Hi cutie, Ken will be happy to see the blogs are back. Remember to take a photo of yourself on one of those fence crossings. We are missing you in the states but it is a good thing that you are where you are. Learn lots, make lots of friends (looks like you need to meet 20 p/week to get through the 160 students), and of course MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Loving you always. MOM

May 4, 2009 at 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor,
Yes I am glad to see you back.Johanna and I just returned from Hawaii on monday to very wet Gresham.We had a great time but it is nice to be home.Enjoy your time in England and stay on the blog we like keeping up with you.

CU Ken

May 7, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home