Thursday, July 3, 2008

Camp was AMAZING!!!

Camp was so AMAZING!!! I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed it. At first I was a little nervous because I was starting over with a completely different group of kids. However, it didn't take long for them to completely win over my heart! This camp was definitely a much different time of camp. Most nights were spent with the students gathered up outside speaking rapidly about sex, drugs, and alcohol. Shauna and I both felt a little helpless because we couldn't join in the conversations but we realized that it wasn't about us. It was about the students. And our Slovene teammates Žan, Matic, Anja, and Tjaša were right in the middle of the conversation. Thanks for all of your prayers. As for high school camp, well the Lord is doing amazing things. We actually only have 12 students signed up so we thought, why do a typical high school camp? Let's go to Vienna! So yes, we are going on a trip to Austria. We will have 5 days just hanging out with kids that we have grown to love so much. I can't wait. Thanks for all of your prayers. Remember that the battle isn't over. Love you all, T

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is fantastic to have you back and blogging again. I have missed you......I am so please that camp went so well. It is so fantastic that you were a part of the junior high camp and to be able to get into the mindset of these young and vulnerable kids. To be able to work with them to impower them to THINK about their choices beforehand, to be prepared with options and finally to let them know they are loved by our Lord and He wants only the best for them. I am excited to see how the youth group grows and the outreach that will come as a result of so many faithful working in Slovenia.

High School camp in Austria....Now doesn't that just sound like a rough camp experience. More details please.........Where do I sign up??????? Can't wait to hear more. Love you oooooooodles. Mom

July 3, 2008 at 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taylor,

What an answer to prayer. God is great and we see the rewards when we are faithful. It is exciting to see the foundation being built hsi church there. Thanks for your part in serving the Lord.

Dad

July 3, 2008 at 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great to hear that things went so well! It seemed like a long week with you unable to blog, but that didn't keep me from praying!

Have a wonderful time with your Slovene friends in Vienna. I look forward to hearing the whole story when you get back. :)

Laura (for L, C, & G too)

P.S. Happy Independence (from Mom & Dad) Day! Oh oh--now I'm going to hear from your mother! That's o.k., I know she'll forgive me just about anything if I wave a package of powdered sugar "donetties" in front of her.

July 3, 2008 at 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Taylor. We are so excited to read your blog and hear about your travels and conversations. We know that God is using your heart and passion for Him and His people in Slovenia. Not so bad that traveling to Austria is part of the equation. I'm with your mom, where do I sign up? I will be happy hearing about all your adventures when you come home. Be safe. We will continue to pray for you and your impact for the Lord on His people. Love, Sheryl

July 4, 2008 at 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, That comment might require two packages of "donetties" and a large cup of coffee. Vonn

July 5, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home