
Life at Bodenseehof has been really great lately. I LOVE my roommates (two are pictured with me - Jessica from Manitoba and Katie from Virginia). At night we like to hang out on our balcony and eat food and talk. The boys are on the next floor so usually they come out on their balconies and we all hang out. This picture was taken courtesy of one of the boys in room 134. Occasionly someone brings out a guitar and we belt it out for the neighbors to hear (just kidding, we try to be respectful.) Sometimes the boys pelt us with candy which is good times...painful but tasty. This weekend, we are going to a castle in Germany which many of you probably know as the famous Disney castle. I am so excited! After that we get to go on the German version of Oregon's alpine slide. All of this for the low price of zero euros...well actually it's included in the tuition costs. Also, I have the opportunity to work at a German English camp during the last week of October. This camp will be fairly similar in style to the camps that I have worked at in Slovenia. The school has asked me to teach a class...of 25 students! This is much different than the class of 6 students with which I usually work. I am extremely nervous, but I feel like God has been preparing me for this time. For those of you who are wondering, the lectures here have been great. Bodenseehof principal Peter Reid just finished up his lectures on Colossians (they were fantastic...I didn't think I could learn any more about the book of Colossians but I was so wrong!). Chris Thomas (son of Major Ian Thomas who founded the Bible school) will be arriving from England on Sunday to lecture to us. There is always lots to do here at school. I have read the books of Genesis and Exodus, The Attributes of God by Arthur Pink, written two papers, memorized four verses, am starting on a missionary biography, and have a test on Colossians on Thursday. And tonight, we are having a pumpkin carving contest. Good times! Thanks for all of the comments and emails. I love reading them all, T
3 Comments:
You go girl! MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Love your blog. Love the pictures. Especially love that you are learning so much about your heavenly Father. What could be greater! Love Mom and Dad
Your grandmother and I have enjoyed all of your great adventures. You are really seeing the world-South Pacific, China and now Europe. Happy to hear you are
having a good time along with learning something new. Miss seeing your happy face. Grandpa
Hi, Sweetie, Love the tales you are sharing. Your remark of 10/11 regarding stressful planning "the fun part of travel failures is the great stories you have afterwards" is the same thinking in today's Oregonian regarding a guest speaker, Paul Theroux, visiting PSU Saturday. Mr Theroux has traveled to so many countries and written so many books about travel and was asked to pick favorites. He was asked some quick questions "Favorite country, least favorite....His remark, "Here's why I don't have a favorite: The worse things get, the more there is to write about."
Love you. Miss you. So pleased to hear about your opportunities. Grandma
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home