Thursday, April 23, 2009
I am here...arrived safely. Was detained at customs for a short period of time but it was no big deal and I soon got through. Apparently the UK is cracking down on students coming here to study. So far everything has gone well: I have met lots of new friends. My roommates are great and we do lots together. There is always something going on...I have been to Carnforth, the little town...there is not much there but there is a grocery store and some little shops. There is lots to adjust to but I'm having a great time...as for blogging while I am here: it may be few and far between since internet here is incredibly slow and there is only three hours during the afternoon when we can use it: those also happen to be the three hours when they want us to be present for meetings, bible studies etc. so I don't know how they expect us to keep in touch with friends and family. I have a Bible study in a few minutes so I have to run...Having a great time back in England, T


2 Comments:
Taylor!! So good to hear from you! There are a lot of people there sounds like and you will be busy! That is why you are there and know you will really enjoy your roommates, others and the lectures. Have you been up the tower yet? We will get to see your pictures when you get home, if you do not get time to blog them. What are your first lectures on? Love ya Dianne
I have not been up to the tower yet...it has been pretty cloudy and I want to go on a clear day. Our first lectures have been on 1 and 2 Kings and were super good. Our lecturer was Derek Burnside who I've had and loved at Bodenseeehof.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home