Tuesday, June 17, 2008

All I can say in Slovene is...hello!

...well actually, I can say a few more words than that but not too much more. Right now I am at Anja's house. Anja and her brother are at school so I am here with her parents - both of whom can speak as much English as I can speak Slovene. Even so, we have managed to understand eachother well enough, although I think they are a little stressed out because I don't eat very much and I have been spending the day reading. I told Anja that I did not need to be entertained, just let me sit down with a good book, but I think Anja's family thinks I might be bored. As if I could ever be bored with a good book. =P They are very nice though and I will definitely not go hungry haha. Despite the language barrier, I have noticed that there are some things that are similar no matter what country you are from. Today, Anja's dad was attempting to fix their VCR since it was damaged by a recentlightning storm. Judging from the way Anja's mom rolled her eyes at him as he was sitting on the floor in the midst of VCR parts and boxes of movies and DVDs, I got the impression that, like a typical man, he thought he could fix something that maybe he shouldn't haha. Anja's mom made a face at me and sighed and went back to the kitchen. I just smiled to myself since I have seen my mom make that same face at my dad....sorry dad. I guess no matter where you go, men will always think that they can fix everything and women just roll their eyes at the hilarious mess they make. Ok back to my book, T

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In defense of your dad, most of our appliances keep on ticking well past their normal life spans. People love to come to our house to see the antiquated appliances of yesteryear. However, the time he fixed the recliner with the WD40....... a few friends hit the back of their heads on the floor as they attempted to recline to quickly. Enjoy some rest, your friends and sladoled (did I spell it correctly?). Hugs, Mom

June 17, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger TC said...

yes, that is true. Dad does do pretty good with keeping stuff around for a long time...maybe too good? haha.

June 17, 2008 at 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Dreams Bug. xoxoxo Mom

PS: That is not the same as sweet bug dreams. Hugs. Mom

June 17, 2008 at 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taylor,

Some things are universal. I'm glad dads are so entertaining (I think it's in the genes).

We took yout stuff to Starr's tonight.

Love you!

Appliance repair Man

June 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger TC said...

But then, that's probably why dads are so lovable. What would I do without my spider killer and appliance repair man? And I love you guys too.

June 18, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home