Friday, February 27, 2009

The Secret Cave

I went in for my second appointment at the doctor yesterday. I was a bit nervous because Dr. Chevalier (the doc I saw last time) was on vacation, so I saw his partner Dr. Gross instead (who was rumored to not speak very good English.) However, he does understand English very well, and I brought my German friend Gloria to translate just in case there was any confusion. He put me on a much stronger drug which should take away the infection in the nerve in my side. If it is not better by next week, Dr. Gross said I would have to come back to have "pictures taken of my insides." I am assuming he means x-rays haha. I also brought my roommate Faith to the doctor with me as well: she has had a horrible cold and cough for over two weeks now and has lots of icky phlegm. (I bet you all wanted to read about phlegm on my blog). Anyway, Dr. Gross told Faith that she has a secret cave behind her nose where the yellow and green stuff lives and she needs to take some medicine to get it to go away...we think he meant that she has a sinus infection. We had a very amusing time at the doctor's office, and it was fun trying to understand Dr. Gross' English. He was very nice though, so overall things could have been much worse. Hopefully Faith and I will be better soon! Well it is time for our Friday night social event at the Bode. Gotta go, T

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon Taylor, Sounds like your friend Faith and I may have the same thing. I love the description of the cave! Ha! Love ya, Dianne

February 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you are on the mend. I have heard from a very reliable source that using a saline "nasil" spray is a good way to keep the germs at bay. And this reliable source also says it's good to use this when you fly home. When you take your "no jet lag" (find it before you fly home) take a spray of the nasal spray. Well this anonymous person will sign off. Love you tons and tons.....

February 27, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home